October 7, 2012

Christmas in October

The amount of sewing going on around here is a little ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that the term "nesting" this time around really just means "excessive sewing with knits". Sure there have been bouts of sorting clothing, decorating her room and scrubbing hard water stains with a toothbrush, but I'm telling you the other 90% of nesting is done at the sewing machine. Here's one of the latest projects: matching Christmas pajamas.


If you've been around this blog for a little while you might be aware of my now three-year-old tradition of making pajamas for the kid (now kiddos . . . yay!) to wear on Christmas Eve. (year one) (year two) A couple of months ago I got illogically concerned (i.e. crazy pregnancy hormones that make you do and say semi-ridiculous things that seem perfectly normal at the time) that I might not feel up to making jammies once little girl was here, so I decided it made the most sense to make these in the middle of August. Seriously, pregnancy makes your brain weird.

I came across this totally cute striped knit at Goodwill.  It's quite flimsy and delicate.  I'm not sure how long these will hold up, but it's so classic and lovely I couldn't help it. There was just enough to whip up a newborn nightgown and some two-piece pajamas. I should have taken a closer picture of the nightgown because I added some tiny little gathers to the front center. (I'm so lazy with the camera sometimes . . . maybe if you click on the picture and squint your eyes you might be able to see it.) Anyway, it turned out really cute and girly - I love it!


Then there's the place where I had to sew up a hole in the top of the shirt because I hacked it while trimming the neck ribbing. Oops. Can you see where the second stripe is misaligned? Nice.


So, here's the belly at 36 weeks. We're getting close now!

No comments:

Post a Comment