December 18, 2011

Christmas Pajamas

Here we are in year number two of our Christmas pajamas tradition.

One of my favorite traditions from our childhood was our Christmas pajamas. Mom made each of us jammies every year to unwrap and wear on Christmas Eve night. I'm starting the tradition with Jude and having fun with it. (see last year's)

This year I picked out this adorable flannel with whales. It's SO cute. The traditional look of button-down flannel pajamas wins me over every time so I couldn't help myself. I even added some piping to the cuffs just because.

My friend Angela and I made these together. She was making a pair for her niece. Let's just say the pattern was a bit more complicated than I anticipated and we were up until the wee hours of the morning finishing these. I'm not sure if I'll ever pick up the pattern again, but thankfully the pajamas turned out.

Look! He got poked by the tree. Too funny.

We went upstairs where there was better light and he started playing a game with me where he would give me a big grin . . .

look away . . .
then give me a big old sweet smile again. Funny boy.

The jammies are wrapped up now and under the tree waiting for Christmas Eve. Only 5 more sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment