October 24, 2011

Snail Mail

Last week I was sending some quick notes off to my Mom and sister. Sending a white sterile envelope didn't seem right when it was going off to people I love so much. So, I added a little twist.
Envelopes made from Google Maps! Isn't that fantastic? I got the idea from Pinterest. Are all of you also wasting your evening hours on Pinterest too? It's crazy.

Anyway, I looked up directions from my house to theirs in Google Maps. Then, I zoomed out on the large map and took a screenshot. I pasted it into a Word document and cropped/resized the picture until it was 5 1/4" wide and about 10 1/2" tall. I centered the picture and printed it.

Then, I grabbed this envelope template, printed it, cut it out and laid it over my Google map. Trace, cut, paste and done. Totally easy and adorable.

Speaking of snail mail, I received this lovely gift in the mail from one of my favorite people this week! She knows me so well. In fact, I had just put this book on my "want" list after seeing these pants.

(Did I lose you at that last blog for a little while? I found it recently and I'm so glad I did. She's quite inspirational and her son's name is Jude! How fun is that?)

Anyway, I'm giddy every time I open this book and I can't wait to get the projects started.

No comments:

Post a Comment