July 5, 2010

Such Sweet Gifts

Wow. It's been awhile since I've been in this space. It feels good to be back even if it's just for a second. I feel like I have plenty of things to say, but writing actually takes more energy for me than it may seem. So, it doesn't tend to be the first thing I do when I have a free moment. I like to have some of these things documented though, so here I am.

Life in this household is going well. Jude is a wonderful baby, which makes it easy to enjoy parenthood. He's seven weeks old today! Wow. On one hand that seems like it can't be true because it sounds so old to me! But on the other it doesn't seem like I was in the hospital only seven weeks ago.

He's been growing like crazy these last couple of weeks, and even started smiling. He also practices standing as much as he can. So proud of himself!

Well, because there hasn't been a ton of creativity going on with yours truly I thought I would brag about some of my friends and family who have sent incredibly wonderful handmade gifts.

This first one is from my friend Kristin. I'm pretty sure she didn't make this stamp on her own, and I have no idea where it was made, but isn't that just too cute? The blurred out part is our address and zip code. It's just the right size for a return address label. She also made personalized thank you notes that I forgot to photograph before I used them. They were stinkin' adorable. This would be a cute idea for newlyweds too, don't you think?


Here's a creative gift that came from my brother and sister -in-law, Ben and Ali. It's a personalized story book for Jude. Came from this website, I believe. It's a gorgeous book that I think he's going to love! I do, at least.

This is an "aviator" hat made by my cousin Jennifer. Are you kidding me? I can not wait for it to fit him. I think it will be perfect timing because it should fit just as Fall is rolling around. I'm imagining pairing this with a little sweater and jeans. Ahhh. So fun. Can you believe this is only her third knitting project?!

This is the boppy cover that my sister, Em, made. See, it's similar to the one I made right before Jude was born. She and I are usually on the same wave length - that's what twins do. She tried applique for the first time and she even added a perfectly sewn zipper to the back. It's absolutely adorable.

Em also made these little booties. Ahhh! I can't get enough of them. The stripes and the off-center buttons are killing me. These will be so cute on him . . . hmmm . . . maybe even paired with the aviator hat.

And, lastly, my older sister, Marie, knitted him this beautiful blanket. It's the perfect size! It's only big enough to wrap him in right now, which makes it perfect for cuddling in the swing or in his carseat. Later it will be just the right size for his little toddler arms to carry around and snuggle in.

All of them are wonderful gifts. They will be treasured.

Thank you, lovely friends and family! Your creativity is so inspiring!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Erin! This is Alison, your ... cousin-in-law? Your mom showed me your blog while we were in Italy, and I've been working my way through your old posts. They are fabulous! I've really enjoyed the reading, and I'm glad you're posting again. Your family is so creative. I love to cook and decorate, but I haven't done a bunch of crafts. I'm hoping to get started soon, though. You're quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED getting Jude's birth announcement in the mail. Snuggle that little boy while he is little and cherish every minute. Even the tiring ones:) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete