May 4, 2010

A Belly and a Boppy

We've been just working away here over the last couple of weeks trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible. My sewing machine took over the dining room table again for at least the last month and has been faithfully churning out many projects.

I've got a couple of favorites to share with you from the last week. But, first, I must show you the belly progression from week 37 to 39. I can't really tell much difference, but maybe you can.


37 weeks

38 weeks

39 weeks

See what I mean? I'm totally protruding forward more and more everyday. The belly might be getting lower too, but I can't tell for sure.

Anyway, one of my projects was to create a boppy cover because who wants to spend $20 on a cover when you can make one yourself? Well, okay, a lot of people would, but not me. I made one with just a simple little design to match the nursery decor. I did some freezer painting and then sewed it together. Unfortunately, the pattern I used is no longer available online, but I just stumbled across this one . . . if you're interested. The only change I made was to secure it with velcro rather than a zipper. But, of course, that change would have made more sense with the old pattern than the one I linked to. Oh well, you still get the idea.

I'm so excited because Em will be making one for me and the little guy too - and I can't wait to see her version. Will they be freaky similar, or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment