February 18, 2012
I recently made a pair of pocket pants from the Sew Liberated book my darling cousin sent me.
The pant pattern is adorable and easy. But, I'm feeling kinda "eh" about the finished product.
I think I chose the wrong fabric. I love this fabric - I think it's perfect for a little boy, but the style of pant and the plaid make them them look kinda clowny. A skinny pant may have been a better choice.
I might be able to pair them with a tiny black sweater vest for a wedding this summer. We'll see.
Second, I found the pockets to be a bit "poochy" in front. I ended up sewing down the top third of the pocket to the pant. Makes for a much better fit in the front. Unfortunately, these pictures were taken before that small edit.
All in all, I think I'll try this pattern at least one more time. Hopefully my fabric choice will make for a better pant next time.