April 15, 2009

A New Nephew

Last weekend I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law. She is due in a month with our new nephew, Lincoln David. I'm so excited!

I really struggled this time around with what to bring to the shower. My in-laws are not really crafty types so I didn't want to go over the top in creating something that they wouldn't "get", you know? Maybe that's a weird thought, but oh well, it is what it is. At the same time I had just created those onesies/pants for the babies of my friends so it felt weird to not do something more personal for my own nephew.

At the last minute I came up with a good, useful project. I used this boppy cover pattern (I had to modify the shape, but the directions were perfect) to create a boppy cover for her. My sister-in-law has two girls so it feels necessary to change out those pink accessories for her new boy.



Once the sewing was completed I added some freezer painted stenciling in an effort to match the crib bedding that she has.


I love how it turned out, and so does she . . . whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment